Escabeche is a Spanish, Portuguese, Filipino, and Latin American dish that consists of marinated fish, meat, or vegetables cooked in an acidic sauce (typically with vinegar) and flavored with paprika, citrus, and other spices.
Fish escabeche is a popular dish among large parties and families dining together because it has the right balance of sweet and sour flavors. For one thing, its bright, summery appeal draws your gaze to it on the dinner table. The contrasting flavors of vinegar and bell pepper enhance its acidic and vibrant flavor even more. Escabeche is a delicious dish that’s also very simple to make.
How to Cook Fish Escabeche
Prepare all of your components first. 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips, after cleaning and salting your large fish Red bell peppers are the sweetest and spiciest of all bell peppers, with the right balance of sweetness and heat. These fresh vegetables not only improve the taste of your food, but they also enhance its appearance.
You’re ready to start cooking after slicing a red onion and pressing 5 garlic cloves. We start by heating half a cup of cooking oil in a frying pan for your fish escabeche. Fry both sides of the fish you cleaned and seasoned until they’re slightly crispy. Set your tilapia aside for now when you’re pleased with its doneness.
Let’s get started on your fish escabeche’s “sauce.” Pour a cup of white vinegar over the cooktop in another clean pan. Bring to a boil, then add the sugar, peppercorns, and garlic. Allow about a minute of cooking time for these components. Toss in your chopped red onion and bell pepper, and cook until they start to soften. Stir in half a teaspoon of salt (or more, depending on your preference).
Put the tilapia in the pan that you had previously fried. You don’t want your fish or vegetables to overcook, so simmer your escabeche for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and move the escabeche to a serving plate after the timer has expired.
Fish Escabeche Recipe
- 1 Serving Plate
- 1 large fish 1 to 2 lbs, cleaned and salted
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil and fried the fish on both sides until crispy. Place aside.
- Pour the vinegar into a clean pan and heat it up. Let boil.
- Sugar, whole peppercorns, and garlic are added. 1 minute of cooking
- Add the red bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle salt and then stir
- Put-in the fried fish. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!