People are always looking for fresh ways to make classic foods, as well as innovative ways to display them to their guests. For example, Sisig has progressed a great deal throughout the years. From its origins as a common name that dates back to the 1700s, the term “sisig” has evolved to encompass a variety of dishes, including “Sizzling Pork Sisig,” “Tofu Sisig,” “Mushroom Sisig,” “Chicken Sisig,” and “Bangus Sisig.” Some of these variants were designed specifically with those who are concerned about their health in mind. This Bangus Sisig Recipe is the ideal nutritious blend that you can prepare for your family when you are attempting to steer clear of the fatty cuts of pig. If you are looking for a healthier alternative to pork, this recipe is for you.
The Preparation of the Bangus Sisig Recipe
You should look for Dagupan Bangus or any Bangus that comes from Pangasinan if you want the best Bangus for this recipe. This is because Pangasinan is the most popular province for harvesting Bangus, despite the fact that many other places have Bangus fish ponds. Dagupan Bangus is considered to be the best Bangus. Even more than a million bangus are honored at Dagupan’s annual Bangus Festival, which takes place every year. The most delicious dish will result from using just the finest Bangus that you are able to procure at the time of preparation. This recipe for Bangus Sisig is not only flavorful but also nutritious because it calls for fish. However, the flavor is not sacrificed in any way. Because it’s made with bangus belly fat, which has some major taste, it’s just as tasty as pork sisig, and it might even be better.
Bangus Sisig Recipe
- 1 Gas stove
- ½ kilo boneless bangus fillet, chill then cut into chunks
- 2 pcs small white onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 10 pcs Calamansi, extract the juice
- 1 pc green chili peppers(siling haba), sliced diagonally
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. margarine
- To prepare the bangus fillet, slice the rear of the bangus so that it opens up like a butterfly and then spread it out.
- After that, peel off the skin and remove the backbone.
- Remove the rib bones from the bangus fillet. After it has been chilled for one to two hours, cut it into bits.
- Heat up a non-stick stove top grill and brush with 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Cook the bangus chunks on the grill until the meat is white all the way through and the sides are browned.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towels in order to soak up any excess oil. Set aside.
- Mix the bangus pieces, onions, green chili peppers, calamansi juice, ground pepper, and salt in a bowl until everything is well distributed.
- Toss the ingredients around and thoroughly combine them.
- Place the margarine on a sizzling plate and heat it over the burner until it is melted and sizzling.
- The bangus sisig combination should then be placed in the sizzling plate, and a light tossing should be performed in order to ensure that the margarine evenly covers all of the ingredients and that the onions become somewhat softer and more aromatic.
- Put an end to the cooking and move the sizzling pan with the bangus sisig to a new location.
You could make this Bangus Sisig Recipe your go-to dish for every day of the week. It’s not a complicated dish, but it has a lot of flavor. Because the added onions, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, ginger, lemon, soy sauce, chile, and mayonnaise all contribute to its umami taste, there is no longer a requirement to add MSG to the dish. The method of preparation can also be applied to the preparation of Pork Sisig as well as any other dish utilizing the Sisig name. Additionally, the presence of fat in the fish’s belly imparts an umami flavor, but there is none of the associated guilt, and the oil extracted from the fish is extremely beneficial to one’s health. This recipe is delicious even for those individuals who do not place a high priority on maintaining their physical well-being.
Do You Have Any Concerns About the Recipe? Feel free to leave a comment below. Remember to give the Recipe a rating, and Like our Official Facebook Page to view additional Filipino Food Recipes. Mabuhay! 🙂
Utensils and equipment used in making Bangus Sisig:
To prepare Bangus sisig, a popular Filipino dish made with milkfish (Bangus), you will need various utensils and equipment. Here’s a list of the items commonly used in making this dish:
- Grill or Oven: You can use a grill or an oven to cook the milkfish. Grilling the fish adds a smoky flavor to the dish while baking it in the oven provides a convenient alternative.
- Mixing Bowl: You will need a large mixing bowl to combine and toss the cooked and flaked milkfish with the other ingredients.
- Frying Pan or Skillet: A frying pan or skillet is essential for sautéing and combining the ingredients for the sisig.
- Cutting Board and Knife: Use a cutting board and a sharp knife to prepare and chop the ingredients such as onions, garlic, and chili peppers.
- Spatula: A spatula is necessary for flipping and stirring the ingredients in the pan during the cooking process.
- Bowl for Marinating: If you marinate the milkfish before grilling or baking, you’ll need a bowl to marinate it in a mixture of spices, soy sauce, and other flavorings.
- Tongs or Grill Utensils: If you’re grilling the milkfish, you’ll need tongs or grill utensils to handle and flip the fish during the cooking process.
- Measuring Spoons and Cups: Accurate measurement of ingredients is important, so make sure you have measuring spoons and cups to ensure the right balance of flavors.
Having these utensils and equipment on hand will make the process of preparing Bangus sisig more efficient and enjoyable.
We Recommend this Product:
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl 18 CM 22 CM 24 CM 26 CM
Layer Stainless Steel Steamer And Cooker
Material:Stainles Steel This Product Has Two Sizes To Choose From: 26cm And 28cm Suitable for all kinds of heat sources More durable than traditional pots for a lifetime of use; stainless-steel lid; stainless-steel handles permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets
Small Medium Large Puto Molder Cup Cake Molder Plastic Baking Cups
Made of High Quality of Plastic Molder non stick it can used for steamer and microwave oven only ABS material or Pure plastic materials Flexible and Non-Stick. Well Baked Muffin or Cupcake and Cool down soap can Pop Out Easily. Durable and reusable, save more than using disposable paper baking cups, also could be used as salad dressing
Whisk Mixer Stirrer Cake Creamer Mixer Blender Baking Tools AMC
Used to manually mix and beat eggs or other similar ingredients, such as sauces, batter, egg whites, and dressings. For mixing and blending foods quickly, easily and without much preparation or cleanup.
Plastic Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set Kitchen Tools
Lightweight and easy to wash The indispensable instrument in the cooking process or a coffee Color: white It's a set of 11 piece plastic measure cups, white. 100% brand new Package include: 11 x Measure Cup
Stainless Steel Wok Spatula and Ladle
Stainless Steel Kitchenware
Material: Wood, 304 Stainless Steel
Package include:1 piece Spatula or Ladle
Double Layer Steamer Mini Electric Pot Pan Cooker
Power Source: usb, Electric Shape: Cylinder Voltage (V): 220 Type: Multi Rice Cooker Product Name: Multi Function Cooker Capacity: 1.8L Material: Plastic Body Feature: Fashionable Rice Cooker Usage: Home Hotel Restaurant Office Heating plate: Excellent Hotplate
9-inch Four-Sided Multi-Functional Grater Slicer
4 in 1: Multifunction grater has four sides, four sides can be cut into different pieces, can be sliced, thick wire, filament, milled. Meet your various needs, and you will always no need to buy another grater.